Monday, February 2, 2009

Day 1 of not being fat...

Well, after many months of doing nothing but being fat and increasing my overall waistband, today was finally the day that the Ironman dream would be resurrected. I woke up and immediately knocked back a couple of cups of coffee to ensure my energy would be high throughout the day. I was starving come 11 am...probably because I absolutely stuffed my face for the past 7 days while in Mexico. I chose to ignore that feeling thinking there was no way I could actually need more food. Around the same time another manager I work with asked if I wanted to go out to lunch and catch up from the last 7 days of me being out of the office. I politely declined saying I was in training...seriously this time and I would be eating a homemade burrito. Totters met me at they gym for a mid-day work out. I was slightly nervous going in, knowing it was my first actual workout in awhile and knowing how much I HATE treadmills. Surprisingly after the workout, I felt great. The time on the treadmill flew by and I felt for the first time in a long time that I was back on track.

Day 1 in the books and I ate healthy and also managed to get a decent workout in. Overall, a success. I plan on weighing in every Friday just as a general check-in but couldn't help but see if I made any progress after day 1. I surprisingly dropped a little over a pound. This was most likely just reducing the previous levels of sodium (about 8000% of my daily needs...daily) that I had been ingesting. Nonetheless, a gain is a gain. Officially moving in the right direction towards my race weight of 225!

No comments:

Post a Comment