Tuesday, February 17, 2009

First official day of training

Technically yesterday marked the start of Ironman, however it ended up being an off day.  Why not ease into training.  So the next 6 days consist of structured workouts (Doing Don Fink's competitive program).  Today was a 30 minute run on the treadmill while keeping my heart rate in zone 2.  This focusing on the base building and working out in primarily zone 2 could end up being quite frustrating!  After that I ran back to work to finish out the day.  Fast forward a few hours and I'm back at the gym getting ready to hop back in the pool.  Shockingly, I didn't really miss the pool all that much.  Afterwards, it did feel great to get a swim in.  It's crazy how good I feel physically after a few laps in the pool, yet how much I dread it mentally.  Oh well, I'm going to have to find a way to get mighty comfortable with the pool over the next 30 weeks.  Or I could skip it and just drown during the race...I think I'll find a way to get some quality swims in.  I'm actually looking forward to signing up for a Masters swim class.  Back to training, means limited free time...that said, I'm going to bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment