Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I hate you zone 2!

Well although it feels great to be working out with a purpose again, I must say, I thouroughly hate the early workouts that limit you to zone 2.  I find it difficult to just relax and run/bike at a slower pace.  I'm sure I'll get used to it eventually and realize I'm doing an Ironman and not a 100 meter sprint.  Today's workout was pretty good, I hopped on the trainer and watched a little Seinfeld and then took of for a run in 15 degree temperatures.  

After a few steps one thing became apparent.  There was no way it was 15 degrees out, I would say 5 tops.  I was freezing (probably due to my thinking I would be fine in just a light jacket)  After running into a park I realized there was no one else in the park and there were no lights on.  All of a sudden a car pulled up and slowly patrolled the perimeter of the parking lot before coming to a stop.  I was thinking it had to be a drug deal given the fact there was literally no reason for anyone to be in a dark park (especially in a light jacket).  I then began to think, if I was selling drugs I probably wouldn't want anyone to see me.  The only logical thought was that they would soon attempt to kill me.  Before I knew it a cop car pulled up in the parking lot looking equally suspicious.  He parked and after a few minutes took off and left the park.  It's back to me and the people that obviously want to kill me to save their inevitable drug transaction.  I decided I should probably get home since 1. my run was almost done 2. I could no longer feel my face and 3. I was clearly on the verge of being killed.  I began running home only to realize it was about a mile of nothing but dark road.  This must be when the drug dealing murderers would make their move.  They would simply chase me down in their car while I was in the middle of nowhere.  Needless to say I peaked around zone 4 as I very efficiently made my way home.  

After I shut the door I thought how ridiculous I was.  I then immediately began thinking, "now the killers know where I live..."  Hopefully I'll make it through the night...

No comments:

Post a Comment