Sunday, February 22, 2009

Sunday Funday

Not only am I working to get back into a structured routine for training, I promise I'll get more structured in my posting too.  To catch you up to speed here were the last few days:
Thursday - Had a sales party at night so had to get a workout in before work.  I was at the gym by 5:30 am to get in an hour long swim and a 30 minute bike.  It was a little tough waking up, but once I was upright, I was good to go.  After the workout I felt great and was glad I did it.  I'm officially excited to train for an Ironman!

Friday - I had a 30 minute run.  After a late night at the party a workout in the morning was out of the question.  We had our annual fundraiser for the group we volunteer with (Young Life Capernaum.  It's a ministry that caters to kids with disabilities and is all sorts of wonderful!) Friday night.  I left work early to help with setting up.  A busy Friday meant no workout for me.  I officially suck at life.

Saturday - My wife (Totters) had her parents up for the weekend so I was a little concerned about hosting/training and how the two would work together.  We were able to hop on the trainer for an hour Saturday morning while we watched a DVR'd IMWI.  Pretty awesome to bike to the course you're going to actually do.

Sunday - Here we are today.  After a quick run to get a paper, gas, and the world's best donuts I was headed home.  After hammering down two donuts loaded with calories that will now make my 45 minute run worth nothing, I'm questioning why I choose to think with my taste buds.  I'm going to actually go run now before a busy Sunday turns into make up Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment